Sauk family photographed by Frank Rinehart in 1899
The prevalence of mental illness is higher in more economically unequal countries
A Marylebone slum in the 19th century
"Haus Tornow am See" (former manor house), Germany from 1912 is today separated into a special education school and a hotel with integrated work/job- and rehabilitation-training for people with mental disorders
Deaths from mental and behavioral disorders per million persons in 2012
Eight patients representing mental diagnoses as of the 19th century at the Salpêtrière, Paris.
A patient in a strait-jacket and barrel contraption, 1908
Insulin shock procedure, 1950s
frameless
Giorgio Antonucci
Thomas Szasz

Services are based in psychiatric hospitals or in the community, and assessments are carried out by mental health professionals such as psychiatrists, psychologists, psychiatric nurses and clinical social workers, using various methods such as psychometric tests but often relying on observation and questioning.

- Mental disorder

Multiple-family group therapy, a precursor of psychoeducational family intervention, emerged, in part, as a pragmatic alternative form of intervention - especially as an adjunct to the treatment of serious mental disorders with a significant biological basis, such as schizophrenia - and represented something of a conceptual challenge to some of the "systemic" (and thus potentially "family-blaming") paradigms of pathogenesis that were implicit in many of the dominant models of family therapy.

- Family therapy

Family therapy

- Social work
Sauk family photographed by Frank Rinehart in 1899
Palace of Westminster in 1983
George in 2008
Live Aid at JFK Stadium in Philadelphia
560x560px

British Labour Party politician, who served as the Member of Parliament (MP) for Walsall South from February 1974 until 2010.

- Bruce George

Parliament – 49th

- 1985 in the United Kingdom

Bruce George

- List of MPs elected in the 1983 United Kingdom general election
Palace of Westminster in 1983
Salsa dancers performing a shine

Juan Pablo Pacheco Knipping (25 March 1935 – 15 February 2021), known as Johnny Pacheco, was a Dominican musician, arranger, composer, bandleader, and record producer who in the 1970s became one of the leading exponents of salsa as well in the late 1950s called the pachanga, a blend of Cuban rhythms and Dominican merengue, which propelled him to worldwide fame and had an important role in the evolution of Latin music.

- Johnny Pacheco

Monguito el Único was a member of Johnny Pacheco's conjunto in the mid-1960s, alternating lead vocals with the Puerto Rican singer Chivirico Dávila.

- Monguito

At the Triton Club on the other hand, Johnny Pacheco improvised a dance move known as the “Bronx Hop” which later became a major part of the Pachanga dance fad.

- Pachanga
San Francisco General Hospital (seen against the backdrop of Potrero Hill and the Bay Bridge, and parts of the Mission District in the foreground)
Graph showing historical party control of the U.S. Senate, House and Presidency since 1855

Day remarried later to former California congressman William Dannemeyer.

- Lorraine Day

Dannemeyer married Lorraine Day in 2004.

- William E. Dannemeyer

. William E. Dannemeyer (R)

- 97th United States Congress
Margam Coast Defence Radar Station

Nant Ffrwdwyllt (sometimes known as Nant Cwm Farteg) is a stream that runs through Cwm Dyffryn, within the county borough of Neath Port Talbot, Wales, from the village of Bryn, through the village of Goytre and the district of Taibach in Port Talbot, to the sea.

- Nant Ffrwdwyllt

Goytre United Football Club is a Welsh football club based in Goytre, near Port Talbot.

- Goytre United F.C.

The village lies in the valley of the Nant Ffrwdwyllt, between the communities of Taibach, Cwmafan, Bryn and Margam.

- Goytre
Margam Coast Defence Radar Station
Uru, a type of ship built at Beypore, Calicut
The path Vasco da Gama took to reach Kozhikode (black line) in 1498, which was also the discovery of a sea route from Europe to India, and eventually paved way for the European colonisation of Indian subcontinent. At that time, the Zamorin of Kozhikode was residing at Ponnani
Malabar District, Revenue Divisions and Taluks
The Zamorin of Calicut's empire in 1498. It was the most powerful kingdom in Malayalam speaking region during Middle Ages.
A 1652 Map of India (Malabar is highlighted separately on the right side)
An old map of India in 1804. Note that only Thalassery, Kozhikode, and Kochi, are marked as cities within the present-day state of Kerala
Malabar District, Revenue Divisions and Taluks
India in early 1320 CE. Note that most of the parts of present-day state of Kerala was under the influence of the Zamorin of Kozhikode.
A map of South India drawn by Emanuel Bowen (1744)
Ponnani harbour in mid-1930s
Important towns in the erstwhile Malabar district
Malabar District during 1951 Census
An old map of Malabar District (1854). Note that the taluks Pandalur, Gudalur, and Kundah in present-day Nilgiris district were parts of Wayanad Taluk in 1854. The Taluks of Malabar were rearranged in 1860 and 1877.
Conolly's plot, the world's oldest teak plantation at Nilambur in Eastern Eranad, was planted in 1840s by the Collector H. V. Conolly.
India in early 1320 CE. Note that most of the parts of present-day state of Kerala was under the influence of the Zamorin of Kozhikode.
Birthplace of Raja Ravi Varma with his studio in the foreground
The path Vasco da Gama took to reach Kozhikode (black line) in 1498, which was also the discovery of a sea route from Europe to India, and eventually paved way for the European colonisation of Indian subcontinent. At that time, the Zamorin of Kozhikode was residing at Ponnani
Kadalundi Bird Sanctuary
Uru, a type of ship built at Beypore, Calicut
Bharathappuzha River, the second longest river in Kerala
St. Angelo Fort at Kannur
Biyyam backwater, Ponnani
The Mappila Bay harbour at Ayikkara. On one side, there is St. Angelo Fort (built in 1505) and on the other side is Arakkal palace.
Chaliyar, the fourth longest river in Kerala
A portrait of Kannur drawn in 1572, from Georg Braun and Frans Hogenberg's atlas Civitates orbis terrarum, Volume I
A distant view of Silent Valley National Park
Kannur fort and Bay; a watercolor by John Johnston (1795-1801)
Kadalundi River, the fifth-longest river in Kerala
India in 1804
A typical Palakkadan paddy field (from Nemmara)
235x235px
The Kuttippuram bridge built in 1953
Palakkad Fort
Stadium bypass road, Palakkkad
Malabar as a part of the erstwhile Kingdom of Mysore
KSRTC Bus terminal, Palakkad
A map of Malabar District (Malayalam district) drawn by Francis Buchanan-Hamilton in 1807. Kasaragod region of South Canara was also included in Malayalam region (just above the blue shaded region)
The oldest railway station in the state at Tirur. The first railway line in the state was laid from Tirur to Chaliyam in 1861
A map of the Madras Presidency in 1909
Railway at Mankeri Kunnu, Irimbiliyam near Kuttippuram
Thalassery is also notable for Thalassery cuisine
Angadipuram railway station serves the city of Malappuram
Wayanad, a part of the greater Deccan Plateau, is the only plateau region of Kerala
Shoranur Junction railway station is the largest railway station in Kerala which plays a major role in connecting the southwestern coast of India (Mangalore) with the southeastern coast (Chennai) through Palghat Gap. It is also the meeting point of three important Railway lines: Mangalore-Chennai line, Nilambur–Shoranur line, and Kanyakumari-Shoranur line, due to the presence of Palakkad Gap
Thamarassery Churam in southeastern Kurumbranad was laid in the 18th century by Tipu Sultan, the ruler of Mysore.
Olavakkode Railway Station, palakkad
Conolly's plot, the world's oldest teak plantation at Nilambur in Eastern Eranad, was planted in the 1840s by the Collector H. V. Conolly.
Aircraft parked at Calicut International Airport in Karipur
Attappadi valley in Walluvanad
The Focus Mall at Kozhikode, the first shopping mall of its kind in the State
Kodakkal Tile Factory was run by the Commonwealth Trust at Kodakkal, Tirunavaya. The Tile Factory at Kodakkal, started in 1887, is the second tile manufacturing industry in India. First tile factory was at Feroke, which was a part of Eranad Taluk then
Kodakkal Tile Factory was ran by the Commonwealth Trust at Kodakkal, Tirunavaya. The Tile Factory at Kodakkal, started in 1887, is the second tile-manufacturing industry in India. The first tile factory was at Feroke, which was a part of the then Eranad Taluk.
Kingdom of Tanur (Vettathunad)
KGB is the largest regional rural banking network in India
Ponnani harbour in the mid-1930s
MESCE Kuttippuram, the first self-financing engineering college in Kerala
The uninhabited island of Bangaram in Lakshadweep
Physics Department of Government Victoria College, Palakkad. The college was established in the year 1866, making it one of the oldest colleges in South Malabar.
Chinese fishing nets in Fort Kochi
MediaOne TV Headquarters And Studio
A view of Anchuthengu Fort. Anchuthengu was the southernmost point of Malabar District on the Malabar Coast while Minicoy was the southernmost island of Malabar District in the Arabian Sea
AIR Manjeri FM radio station
South Malabar during Malabar Rebellion
EMS Stadium
The Wagon tragedy memorial at Tirur
Thunchan Smarakam at Tirur, in memory of Thunchaththu Ezhuthachan
The hilly beach of Ezhimala had once been the headquarters of what is now known as North Malabar in ancient period.
Maha Kavi Moyinkutty Vaidyar Smarakam at Kondotty
The Kavvayi Backwaters separated the British district of Malabar from South Canara (Mangalore)
A countryside near Tirur
Kadalundi Bird Sanctuary
Kottakkal, the centre of renowned Arya Vaidya Sala
Chembra Peak, Wayanad
Tirunavaya, the seat of the medieval Mamankam festival
Bharathappuzha River, the second longest river in Kerala
Malappuram District Sports Complex Stadium
Chaliyar, the fourth longest river in Kerala
The MDSC Stadium during 2013–14 Indian Federation Cup
Kadalundi River, the fifth-longest river in Kerala
Kozhikode Beach
A typical Palakkadan paddy field (from Nemmara)
Silent Valley National Park
Malabar District during 1951 Census
Malampuzha Dam
Malabar Coast around AD 1st century CE
Major ports in 1st Century CE according to the Periplus of the Erythraean Sea
Malabar Coast around AD 300 (4th century CE)
Zamorin of Calicut's empire in 1498
Malabar Coast in Portuguese India (16th century CE)
Malabar Coast in the early 17th century (1600-1618)
A horizontal Malabar Coast miniature map by Abraham Ortelius, Antwerp, c.1580, from the Epitome Theatri Orteliani; *a reprint by Petrus Bertius, 1630*; and *another Bertius version*, Amsterdam, c.1600-18
Malabar in 1652 (Malabar Coast is highlighted separately on the right side)
South India in 1691-92 (Calicut is marked in large letters).
A map in which the entire western coast of India is termed as Malabar Coast (drawn in the mid-18th century CE)
Kaart van Zuid-India Nova tabula terrarum Cucan, Canara, Malabaria, Madura, & Coromandella, cum parte septentrionali insulae Ceylon, in mari Indico Orientali edente Hadriano Relando (titel op object)
A rare map of India and Ceylon issued in 1733 by the Homann Heirs.
Indian Subcontinent in 1760
Rigobert Bonne's 1770 decorative map of southern India.
1775 maritime map or nautical chart of southern India and Ceylon by Jean-Baptiste d'Après de Mannevillette.
Historical map of South India, Sri Lanka, the Maldives, the Nicobar Islands, Myanmar, the Malabar Coast, the Coromandel Coast, the Andaman Islands (1780)
1780 map of southern India by the French cartographer Rigobert Bonne.
Rigobert Bonne and G. Raynal's 1780 map of Southern India.
South India in 1782
Political state of South India just after Third Anglo-Mysore War which ended in 1792.
South India in 1794
A Map of the Peninsula of India from the 19th Degree North Latitude to Cape Comorin, just after the Fourth Anglo-Mysore War which ended in 1799
1800 Faden Rennell Wall Map of India - Geographicus - India
1804 German Edition of the Rennel Map of India - Geographicus
South India in 1808
1808 Smith Map of India - Geographicus - India
1814 Thomson Map of India - Geographicus - India
India in General Karte von Vorderindien zur Übersicht der Hauptverhältnisse (1836)
1838 Wyld Wall Map of India (Hindostan or British India) - Geographicus - India
South India in 1843
Southern division of South India in 1843
Asia in 1840 - 1860 (Calicut is marked)
Map of Madras Presidency in taken from Text-book of Indian History: Geographical Notes, Genealogical Tables, Examination Questions (1880)
India in 1887 with cattle breeds based on the travels of Robert Wallace.
1889 map of India (Only Calicut and Cochin are highlighted from Kerala).
1891 Map of India (Outlines of Geography for the use of lower and middle forms of schools and of candidates for the Army Preliminary Examinations)
Malabar Coast in 1893
North Malabar in 1893 (On the southwestern end of the map)
Geology Gazetter map of Malabar in 1897
1899 Map of India (Only Calicut and Cochin are highlighted from Kerala).
Image taken from page 1381 of La Terra, trattato popolare di geografia universale
North Malabar in 1909 (On the southwestern end of the map)
Malabar Coast in 1911 (On the southwestern region of the map)
Map of Malabar Railway taken from Illustrated Guide to the South Indian Railway, printed by Hoe and Coat the 'Premier Press', Madras, 1913
1932 map of Malabar Coast

Spindle shaped sweet dessert made chiefly of plantain.

- Unnakai

The term South Malabar refers to the region of the erstwhile Malabar District which lies south to the river Korapuzha and bears high cultural similarity with both the Cochin (Thrissur-Kochi region) as well as the North Malabar region.

- South Malabar

It was divided into North Malabar and South Malabar in 1793 for administrative convenience, with their regional headquarters at Thalassery and Cherpulassery (Later changed to Ottapalam) respectively.

- Malabar District
Uru, a type of ship built at Beypore, Calicut
Ole Anton Sæther at the International Symposium on Chironomidae at Trondheim

Norwegian entomologist.

- Ole A. Sæther

Oliveridia hugginsi Ferrington and Sæther is known from the Big Caney River in Kansas.

- Oliveridia

C. cornea Sæther, 1977

- Cyphomella
Ole Anton Sæther at the International Symposium on Chironomidae at Trondheim
The Grant's View Branch of the library, in August 2021
FAA airport diagram
Aerial view of Naval Air Station St. Louis in the mid-1940s
Terminal 1 as it originally appeared
Ozark DC-9 at Lambert
TWA L-1011 at Lambert
American MD-83 at Lambert
F-15s flying over the Air National Guard base
Terminal 1 windows boarded up after the 2011 tornado
Terminal 1 departures hall in 2017 after renovation
Interior of Concourse E
STL control tower
MetroLink station at Terminal 1
The Monocoupe 110 Special in Terminal 2

It consists of 20 branches, including the Headquarters branch, which is located at 1640 S. Lindbergh Blvd in Ladue, Missouri.

- St. Louis County Library

The Headquarters Branch of the St. Louis County Library is located in Ladue on Lindbergh Boulevard (US 67).

- Ladue, Missouri

July 23, 1973: while on the approach to land at St. Louis International Airport, Ozark Air Lines Flight 809 crashed near the University of Missouri – St. Louis, killing 38 of the 44 persons on board. Wind shear was cited as the cause. A tornado had been reported at Ladue, Missouri, about the time of the accident but the National Weather Service did not confirm that there was a tornado.

- St. Louis Lambert International Airport
Hagman, circa 1780s
Louis Gallodier
Portrait by Alexander Roslin, c. 1770
Prince Frederick Adolph of Sweden, lover of Sophie Hagman from 1778 to 1793.
Coronet created for Prince Frederick Adolf and worn at his brother Gustav's coronation in 1772.
Tullgarn Palace, where Sophie Hagman lived with Frederick Adolf from 1778 to 1793.

She was the official royal mistress to Prince Frederick Adolf of Sweden from 1778 to 1793.

- Sophie Hagman

One of his pupils and dancers where Sophie Hagman.

- Louis Gallodier

He lived from 1778 to 1795, in a happy relationship with the ballet dancer Sophie Hagman, who was well liked at court, and had a daughter, Sophia Frederica, with her.

- Prince Frederick Adolf, Duke of Östergötland
Hagman, circa 1780s
Roddenberry with Space Shuttle Enterprise in Palmdale, California (1976)
Angie Dickinson in 1982
Roddenberry during his senior year of high school (1939)
Robert Horton and Ward Bond
With Clint Walker in Cheyenne, around 1957
Leonard Nimoy first worked with Roddenberry on The Lieutenant.
1962 cast. Top: John McIntire, Terry Wilson. Bottom: Scott Miller, Frank McGrath.
Angie Dickinson played an Asian character in China Gate (1957).
Roddenberry appearing in an advertisement for MONY in 1961
Back row: Robert Fuller, John McIntire, Terry Wilson. Front row: Michael Burns, Frank McGrath.
Dickinson with John Wayne in Rio Bravo
William Shatner and Sally Kellerman, from "Where No Man Has Gone Before", the second pilot of Star Trek
Dickinson in Police Woman, 1976
Some of the main cast of Star Trek during the third season
Angie Dickinson at 61st Academy Awards in 1989
Roddenberry at a Star Trek convention in 1976
With husband, the composer Burt Bacharach and new-born Nikki, 1966
Roddenberry (third from the right) in 1976 with most of the cast of Star Trek at the rollout of the Space Shuttle Enterprise at the Rockwell International plant at Palmdale, California
Majel Barrett at a Star Trek convention in 2007
Majel Barrett-Roddenberry and Rod Roddenberry in 2008
Roddenberry's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame

Dickinson went on to create memorable characters in Mike Hammer, Wagon Train, and Men into Space.

- Angie Dickinson

Gene Roddenberry said he pitched Star Trek as "Wagon Train to the stars", referring to the concept of a recurring cast on a long journey with famous guest stars becoming the focus of various stories.

- Wagon Train

Roddenberry and Katz next took the idea to Mort Werner at NBC, this time downplaying the science fiction elements and highlighting the links to Gunsmoke and Wagon Train. The network funded three story ideas and selected "The Menagerie", which was later known as "The Cage", to be made into a pilot.

- Gene Roddenberry
Roddenberry with Space Shuttle Enterprise in Palmdale, California (1976)