Pittsburgh is a Hasidic dynasty founded in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in 1924 by Rabbi Yosef Leifer, a Hungarian rabbi and descendant of Rabbi Mordechai of Nadvorna.- Pittsburgh (Hasidic dynasty)
Yosef Leifer (1891 – 7 March 1966) was the founder and first Rebbe of the Pittsburg Hasidic dynasty in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, which he led for 42 years.- Yosef Leifer
Avraham Abba Leifer (1918 – 7 January 1990) was the second Rebbe of the Pittsburg Hasidic dynasty and the instigator for the relocation of the Hasidut from its original location in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to the Israeli coastal city of Ashdod.- Avraham Abba Leifer
After flourishing in America for 46 years, the Hasidut was relocated to the Israeli coastal city of Ashdod under the leadership of Rabbi Yosef Leifer's son and successor, Rabbi Avraham Abba Leifer.- Pittsburgh (Hasidic dynasty)
Avraham Abba Leifer was born in Nagykároly, Hungary (today Carei, Romania) to Rabbi Yosef Leifer, the grandson of Rabbi Mordechai of Nadvorna and a direct descendant of Grand Rabbi Meir the Great of Premishlan, a disciple of the Baal Shem Tov.- Avraham Abba Leifer
The eldest, Avraham Abba, was the only one who survived him and acceded to the position of Pittsburger Rebbe after his death.- Yosef Leifer
2 related topics with Alpha
Mordechai Yissachar Ber Leifer (מרדכי יששכר בער לייפער; 19554 October 2020) was the third Rebbe of the Pittsburgh Hasidic dynasty.
Born in the United States, he joined his father, Grand Rabbi Avraham Abba Leifer, in Ashdod, Israel, to serve as rosh yeshiva of a new Pittsburgher yeshiva in that city in 1981.
He was the son of Grand Rabbi Avraham Abba Leifer and the grandson of Grand Rabbi Yosef Leifer, a scion of the Nadvorna Hasidic dynasty who founded the Hasidut in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in 1924.
Meshulam Eliezer Leifer (משולם אליעזר לייפער; born January 23, 1979) is the fourth Rebbe of the Pittsburgh Hasidic dynasty.
His paternal great-grandfather, Grand Rabbi Yosef Leifer, established the Pittsburgh Hasidic dynasty in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, in the late 1920s, and his grandfather, Grand Rabbi Avraham Abba Leifer, moved the Hasidut to Ashdod, Israel, in 1970.