Brasenose Lane in Oxford city centre, a street onto which three colleges back.
Windsor Castle, viewed from the Long Walk
The University of Oxford's Chemistry Research Laboratory.
Virginia Water Lake on the southern edge of Windsor Great Park
A panoramic view into the Vale; the White Horse is on the right and Dragon Hill centre right
The Abbey, Sutton Courtenay, a ‘textbook’ example of the English medieval manor house.
Historic map of Berkshire
Vale scene, with White Horse Hill on the horizon
Wantage Market Place
The Oracle Corporation campus
The Uffington White Horse, as seen from an altitude of about 600 m (2000 ft), from the cockpit of a glider
Slough Trading Estate plays a major part in making Slough an important business centre in South East England
Farmland and White Horse Hill
The grandstand at Ascot Racecourse
The Select Car Leasing Stadium in Reading
King Edward III of England
Catherine, HRH The Duchess of Cambridge
Ricky Gervais

The Vale of White Horse is a local government district of Oxfordshire in England.

- Vale of White Horse

It was historically a north-west projection of Berkshire.

- Vale of White Horse

The ceremonial county borders Warwickshire to the north-west, Northamptonshire to the north-east, Buckinghamshire to the east, Berkshire to the south, Wiltshire to the south-west and Gloucestershire to the west.

- Oxfordshire

All its zones south of the Thames: the Vale of White Horse and parts of South Oxfordshire were within the historic county of Berkshire, including the highest point, the 261 m White Horse Hill.

- Oxfordshire

The historic county, therefore, includes territory that is now administered by the Vale of White Horse and parts of South Oxfordshire in Oxfordshire, but excludes Caversham, Slough and five less populous settlements in the east of the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead.

- Berkshire

4 related topics with Alpha

Overall

Saints Peter and Paul parish church

Wantage

1 links

Saints Peter and Paul parish church
Former head office of Wantage Urban District Council in Portway
Stagecoach Gold bus in Wantage Market Place on former route X30 (now S9)
The former head office of the Wantage Tramway Company in Mill Street
Front of King Alfred's Academy Centre Site
The Old Town Hall, Wantage, completed in 1878
Statue of Alfred the Great, by Prince Victor of Hohenlohe-Langenburg

Wantage is a historic market town and civil parish in Oxfordshire, England.

Although within the boundaries of the historic county of Berkshire, it has been administered as part of the Vale of White Horse district of Oxfordshire since 1974.

All Saints' Parish Church

Faringdon

1 links

All Saints' Parish Church
Faringdon Folly
Numerous borings in a Cretaceous cobble from Faringdon. These are examples of fossil bioerosion.
Dyed pigeons at Faringdon House

Faringdon is a historic market town in the Vale of White Horse, Oxfordshire, England, 18 mi south-west of Oxford, 10 mi north-west of Wantage and 12 mi east-north-east of Swindon.

Faringdon was Berkshire's westernmost town until the 1974 boundary changes transferred its administration to Oxfordshire.

Long Alley Almshouses next to St Helen's parish church

Abingdon-on-Thames

0 links

Long Alley Almshouses next to St Helen's parish church
County Hall, completed in 1680
Abingdon Bridge spans the River Thames. It was built in 1416 and much altered in the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries.
The Long Gallery at Abingdon Abbey
St Helen's parish church from across the Thames
Children running for a bun in 2006
A sign in Abingdon-on-Thames’ town centre showing directions to nearby locations

Abingdon-on-Thames, commonly known as Abingdon, is a historic market town and civil parish in the ceremonial county of Oxfordshire, England, on the River Thames.

Historically the county town of Berkshire, since 1974 Abingdon has been administered by the Vale of White Horse district within Oxfordshire.

Uffington White Horse, sketched by William Plenderleath in The White Horses of the West of England (1892)

Uffington White Horse

0 links

Prehistoric hill figure, 110 m long, formed from deep trenches filled with crushed white chalk.

Prehistoric hill figure, 110 m long, formed from deep trenches filled with crushed white chalk.

Uffington White Horse, sketched by William Plenderleath in The White Horses of the West of England (1892)
The head of the horse, with sheep grazing around it.
White Horse Hill (left) and Dragon Hill (right)
The Manger, with the White Horse at centre skyline and Dragon Hill (left)
The Manger viewed from the White Horse
The Giant's Stair, taken from White Horse Hill
View from Dragon Hill road

The figure is situated on the upper slopes of White Horse Hill in the English civil parish of Uffington (in the ceremonial county of Oxfordshire and historic county of Berkshire), some 10 mi east of Swindon, 8 km south of the town of Faringdon and a similar distance west of the town of Wantage; or 2.5 km south of Uffington.

The hill forms a part of the scarp of the Berkshire Downs and overlooks the Vale of White Horse to the north.