The coat of arms of Bournemouth
Tumulus on the south side of Wick Lane, Tuckton
The original wooden bridge at Tuckton

At that point, Tuckton became part of the civil parish of Southbourne, which was absorbed into the Borough of Bournemouth in 1901.

- Tuckton

East Southbourne & Tuckton

- Bournemouth Borough Council
The coat of arms of Bournemouth

2 related topics

Alpha

Bournemouth

Coastal resort town in the Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole council area of Dorset, England.

Coastal resort town in the Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole council area of Dorset, England.

Welcome to Bournemouth, England's Coastal Garden
Section of a 1759 map of Hampshire by Isaac Taylor, showing the Manor of Christchurch and the area around the Bourne chine
Photochrom of Invalids' Walk, 1890s
A view of Bournemouth showing the temporary wooden jetty that was replaced by an iron pier in 1880.
Photochrom of the entrance to the pier, 1890s
The Waterfront Cinema and Leisure Complex (now demolished)
Bournemouth Town Hall was built in the Victorian period, originally serving as a hotel for visitors to the town.
Bournemouth Beach and Boscombe Pier
Financial services are crucial to the town's economy and Unisys was a major employer in the industry.
Bournemouth International Centre (BIC) is a national conference and music venue in the town.
Bournemouth Pier including the Pier Theatre
Shops and apartments in the centre of Bournemouth
The grave of writer Mary Shelley and her parents, including Mary Wollstonecraft, in St. Peter's Church, Bournemouth
Bournemouth Christmas Market in 2019
St Peter's Church, completed in 1879
The Grade II listed entrance to Boscombe Pier
Bournemouth railway station, built in 1885, with a replica Victorian iron and glass roof
Bournemouth and Poole College Lansdowne Campus
St Stephen's Church, Bournemouth, built in 1898
The Bournemouth Hebrew Congregation
A blue plaque marking the birthplace of Hubert Parry at 2, Richmond Terrace, Bournemouth
Blue Plaque on the Wall of St Peter's Churchyard commemorating the resting place of members of the Shelley family.

The hundred later became the Liberty of Westover when it was extended to include the settlements of North Ashley, Muscliff, Muccleshell, Throop, Iford, Pokesdown, Tuckton and Wick, and incorporated into the Manor of Christchurch.

For local elections the district was divided into 18 wards, with the Bournemouth Borough Council elected every four years.

Christchurch, Dorset

Town and civil parish in Dorset on the south coast of England.

Town and civil parish in Dorset on the south coast of England.

Christchurch Castle ruins
Hart's Fusee Factory, built in 1845. The manufacture of fusee chains was an important industry in 19th-century Christchurch.
A P-47 Thunderbolt of the 405th Fighter Wing at RAF Christchurch, 1944
Christchurch Civic Offices
Christchurch Harbour with the Clay Pool (bottom right) where the rivers Avon and Stour converge. Stanpit Marsh (centre left), Wick (centre right) and Hengistbury Head (top right). The thin line of beach huts at the top left reveals the position of Mudeford Spit with the Isle of Wight on the horizon.
Monday market, Christchurch High Street.
The Mayor's Parlour and Saxon Square
The Constable's House, a Grade I listed Norman dwelling
Christchurch Priory dates from the 11th century
Place Mill
Christchurch railway station
Christchurch Library
John Stuart, 3rd Earl of Bute, Prime Minister between 1762–63, owned a mansion house in Christchurch

The authority is a merger of Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole borough councils; its creation was opposed by Christchurch Council, who unsuccessfully appealed to the High Court.

He was born in Wick near Tuckton (then a part of Christchurch) and lived his whole life in the Christchurch area.