Society's logo
Banz Abbey
Max Planck, after whom the society is named.
Possenhofen Castle
Entrance of the administrative headquarters of the Max Planck Society in Munich
Unterwittelsbach Castle
The house of Duke Maximilian Joseph in Munich
Tegernsee Abbey
The bath house ("Wildbad") Kreuth
The new and the old castle Biederstein, Munich
Schloss Ringberg on Lake Tegernsee
Wildenwart Castle

One of the larger donations was the castle Schloss Ringberg near Kreuth in Bavaria, which was pledged by Luitpold Emanuel in Bayern (Duke in Bavaria).

- Max Planck Society

Luitpold Emanuel Ludwig Maria, Duke in Bavaria (1890-1973), the last issue of the in Bavaria junior branch, sold Possenhofen and Schloss Biederstein in Munich in order to finance his late romantic Schloss Ringberg, which he eventually left as inheritance to the Max Planck Society.

- Duke in Bavaria
Society's logo

2 related topics with Alpha

Overall

Schloss Ringberg main building

Schloss Ringberg

0 links

Located in the Bavarian Alps, 50 km south of Munich, on a foothill overlooking the Tegernsee.

Located in the Bavarian Alps, 50 km south of Munich, on a foothill overlooking the Tegernsee.

Schloss Ringberg main building
Schloss Ringberg aerial view

Not open to the general public, it is a property of the Max Planck Society and used for conferences.

The castle was the creation of Luitpold Emanuel Ludwig Maria, Duke in Bavaria (1890-1973) and his friend Friedrich Attenhuber (1877-1947), a Munich painter.

Kreuth

0 links

Municipality in the district of Miesbach in Bavaria in Germany.

Municipality in the district of Miesbach in Bavaria in Germany.

It was donated to the Max Planck Society in 1973.

The buildings, still owned by the Duke in Bavaria, are let to the Hanns-Seidel-Foundation and used for political gatherings of the Christian Social Union of Bavaria.