Edington is a village and civil parish in Wiltshire, England, about 4 mi east-northeast of Westbury.- Edington, Wiltshire
Westbury station was rebuilt in 1899 since it would become more important as a junction the next year, on the opening of the Stert and Westbury line.- Westbury, Wiltshire
A station named Edington and Bratton was half a mile (800 metres) north of Edington.- Edington, Wiltshire
The station at Edington opened for goods traffic on 29 July 1900, a month before passenger trains were allowed to use the line.- Stert and Westbury Railway
The station at Westbury opened on 5 September 1848 as the terminus of a line from.- Stert and Westbury Railway
Nearby villages are Bratton, Chapmanslade, Dilton Marsh, Edington, Heywood and Hawkeridge, Coulston, and Upton Scudamore; and in Somerset, Rudge and Standerwick.- Westbury, Wiltshire
1 related topic with Alpha
Bratton is a village and civil parish in the English county of Wiltshire, about 2.5 mi east of Westbury.
The Stert and Westbury Railway was built across the parish in 1900.
The local station was in the adjacent parish of Edington and was called Edington & Bratton; the station closed to passengers in 1952 and to goods in 1963, but the line remains open as part of the Reading to Taunton Line.