Meridian Museum of Art in 2018
Postcard of the museum when it was one of Meridian's Carnegie public libraries

The building originally served as the home of the First Presbyterian Church of Meridian until the city of Meridian bought the building in 1911 and turned it into a Carnegie Library in 1913.

- Meridian Museum of Art

The city currently uses the building to house the Meridian Museum of Art.

- First Presbyterian Church of Meridian
Meridian Museum of Art in 2018

1 related topic

Alpha

Meridian, Mississippi

Seventh largest city in the U.S. state of Mississippi, with a population of 41,148 at the 2010 census and an estimated population in 2018 of 36,347.

Seventh largest city in the U.S. state of Mississippi, with a population of 41,148 at the 2010 census and an estimated population in 2018 of 36,347.

A monument in Rose Hill Cemetery honoring Lewis A. Ragsdale, one of the founders of Meridian.
Union Army General William Tecumseh Sherman fought and won the Battle of Meridian in 1864.
Downtown Meridian in the early 1900s (photo taken near intersection of 22nd Ave and 4th St looking north)
Meridian Union Station in the early 1900s
Looking into downtown Meridian from the 22nd Avenue Bridge in 2008. The Hotel Meridian was later demolished.
375px
Meridian City Hall after restoration efforts
Meridian City Council ward map
Meridian Museum of Art
The Riley Center, renovated in 2006
Hamasa Shrine Temple Theater
Dentzel Carousel in Highland Park
Upper lake at Bonita Lakes park
Okatibbee Lake
Meridian's Union Station
Highways in Meridian
25px
25px
25px
25px
25px
25px
25px
30px
30px
Meridian Community College has served the city since 1937
The headquarters of Meridian's only daily newspaper, The Meridian Star

Among the city's many arts organizations and historic buildings are the Riley Center, the Meridian Museum of Art, Meridian Little Theatre, and the Meridian Symphony Orchestra.

The library for blacks was built at 13th Street and 28th Avenue on land donated by St. Paul Methodist Church, and the library for whites was established in a building originally owned by members of the First Presbyterian Church of Meridian, who sold it to the city on September 25, 1911.