Gympie Lands Office

Gympie Court House and Lands Office
Gympie Lands Office is a heritage-listed former court house and public administration building at 26 Channon Street, Gympie, Queensland, Australia.wikipedia
63 Related Articles

Gympie

Gympie, QueenslandGympie goldfieldsGympie, QLD
Gympie Lands Office is a heritage-listed former court house and public administration building at 26 Channon Street, Gympie, Queensland, Australia.

Queensland Government Savings Bank

State Savings Bank
The Queensland Government Savings Bank (which merged with the Commonwealth Bank in December 1920) occupied various rooms in the southwest end of the building between 1912 and 1927, competing for space with the Forestry Department, which was present in the building from c.1912 to 1921, and again from 1926.

Queensland

Queensland, AustraliaQLDState of Queensland
Gympie Lands Office is a heritage-listed former court house and public administration building at 26 Channon Street, Gympie, Queensland, Australia.

Department of Public Works (Queensland)

Department of Public WorksQueensland Department of Public WorksPublic Works Department
It was designed by Queensland Department of Public Works and Queensland Colonial Architect's Office and built in 1942 by the Department of Public Works, Gympie City Council, Mark Doggett, Andrew Collins, and George Caldwell.

Queensland Government Architect

Queensland Colonial ArchitectQueensland Colonial Architect's OfficeColonial Architect
It was designed by Queensland Department of Public Works and Queensland Colonial Architect's Office and built in 1942 by the Department of Public Works, Gympie City Council, Mark Doggett, Andrew Collins, and George Caldwell.

Queensland Heritage Register

heritage-listedheritageHeritage Register
It was added to the Queensland Heritage Register on 15 July 2011.

Ipswich, Queensland

IpswichNorth IpswichIpswich, Australia
The only known surviving earlier Queensland court houses (purpose-built) are in Ipswich (stone and brick, 1859, Old Ipswich Courthouse) and Toowoomba (its first, brick, 1863, Old Toowoomba Court House).

Old Ipswich Courthouse

first courthouseIpswich Court HouseIpswich Courthouse
The only known surviving earlier Queensland court houses (purpose-built) are in Ipswich (stone and brick, 1859, Old Ipswich Courthouse) and Toowoomba (its first, brick, 1863, Old Toowoomba Court House).

Toowoomba

Toowoomba, QueenslandToowombaToowoomba, Australia
The only known surviving earlier Queensland court houses (purpose-built) are in Ipswich (stone and brick, 1859, Old Ipswich Courthouse) and Toowoomba (its first, brick, 1863, Old Toowoomba Court House).

Old Toowoomba Court House

Austral Association
The only known surviving earlier Queensland court houses (purpose-built) are in Ipswich (stone and brick, 1859, Old Ipswich Courthouse) and Toowoomba (its first, brick, 1863, Old Toowoomba Court House).

Maryborough, Queensland

MaryboroughMaryborough, QLDEskdale Park
Other known surviving 1870s court houses in Queensland include those in: Maryborough (brick, 1877, Maryborough Courthouse), Port Douglas (timber, 1879, Port Douglas Court House Museum), St Lawrence (timber, 1878, St Lawrence Police Station), Toowoomba (its second, sandstone, 1878, Toowoomba Court House) and Townsville (brick, 1877, Townsville Magistrates Court).

Maryborough Courthouse

Maryborough Court Housecourthouse
Other known surviving 1870s court houses in Queensland include those in: Maryborough (brick, 1877, Maryborough Courthouse), Port Douglas (timber, 1879, Port Douglas Court House Museum), St Lawrence (timber, 1878, St Lawrence Police Station), Toowoomba (its second, sandstone, 1878, Toowoomba Court House) and Townsville (brick, 1877, Townsville Magistrates Court).

Port Douglas

Port Douglas, QueenslandFour Mile Beach
Other known surviving 1870s court houses in Queensland include those in: Maryborough (brick, 1877, Maryborough Courthouse), Port Douglas (timber, 1879, Port Douglas Court House Museum), St Lawrence (timber, 1878, St Lawrence Police Station), Toowoomba (its second, sandstone, 1878, Toowoomba Court House) and Townsville (brick, 1877, Townsville Magistrates Court).

Port Douglas Court House Museum

Port Douglas Court HousePort Douglas courthouse
Other known surviving 1870s court houses in Queensland include those in: Maryborough (brick, 1877, Maryborough Courthouse), Port Douglas (timber, 1879, Port Douglas Court House Museum), St Lawrence (timber, 1878, St Lawrence Police Station), Toowoomba (its second, sandstone, 1878, Toowoomba Court House) and Townsville (brick, 1877, Townsville Magistrates Court).

St Lawrence, Queensland

St LawrenceSt. Lawrence
Other known surviving 1870s court houses in Queensland include those in: Maryborough (brick, 1877, Maryborough Courthouse), Port Douglas (timber, 1879, Port Douglas Court House Museum), St Lawrence (timber, 1878, St Lawrence Police Station), Toowoomba (its second, sandstone, 1878, Toowoomba Court House) and Townsville (brick, 1877, Townsville Magistrates Court).

St Lawrence Police Station

Other known surviving 1870s court houses in Queensland include those in: Maryborough (brick, 1877, Maryborough Courthouse), Port Douglas (timber, 1879, Port Douglas Court House Museum), St Lawrence (timber, 1878, St Lawrence Police Station), Toowoomba (its second, sandstone, 1878, Toowoomba Court House) and Townsville (brick, 1877, Townsville Magistrates Court).

Toowoomba Court House

Other known surviving 1870s court houses in Queensland include those in: Maryborough (brick, 1877, Maryborough Courthouse), Port Douglas (timber, 1879, Port Douglas Court House Museum), St Lawrence (timber, 1878, St Lawrence Police Station), Toowoomba (its second, sandstone, 1878, Toowoomba Court House) and Townsville (brick, 1877, Townsville Magistrates Court).

Townsville

Townsville, QueenslandTownsville, AustraliaTownsville, QLD
Other known surviving 1870s court houses in Queensland include those in: Maryborough (brick, 1877, Maryborough Courthouse), Port Douglas (timber, 1879, Port Douglas Court House Museum), St Lawrence (timber, 1878, St Lawrence Police Station), Toowoomba (its second, sandstone, 1878, Toowoomba Court House) and Townsville (brick, 1877, Townsville Magistrates Court).

Townsville Magistrates Court

Magistrates Court
Other known surviving 1870s court houses in Queensland include those in: Maryborough (brick, 1877, Maryborough Courthouse), Port Douglas (timber, 1879, Port Douglas Court House Museum), St Lawrence (timber, 1878, St Lawrence Police Station), Toowoomba (its second, sandstone, 1878, Toowoomba Court House) and Townsville (brick, 1877, Townsville Magistrates Court).

Imbil

Although small finds of gold had been made in the region-near Imbil, Black Snake Range, and Nanango, it was the discovery of gold at Gympie in a gully near the Mary River that suddenly changed the fortunes of the region and Queensland.

Nanango

Nanango, QueenslandNanango Stags
Although small finds of gold had been made in the region-near Imbil, Black Snake Range, and Nanango, it was the discovery of gold at Gympie in a gully near the Mary River that suddenly changed the fortunes of the region and Queensland.

Mary River (Queensland)

Mary RiverMary ValleyMary
Although small finds of gold had been made in the region-near Imbil, Black Snake Range, and Nanango, it was the discovery of gold at Gympie in a gully near the Mary River that suddenly changed the fortunes of the region and Queensland.

Henry Edward King

Henry KingH. E. King
The Gympie Gold Commissioner, Henry Edward King, (also Secretary for Public Works and Mines from November 1874 to May 1876) initially conducted his court in temporary structures, and the first permanent mining court was a slab and shingle-roofed building near Cross Street, northwest of the Surface Hill Uniting Church.

Francis Drummond Greville Stanley

FDG StanleyF.D.G. StanleyF D G Stanley
It is not attributed to FDG Stanley (Colonial Architect 1873 to 1881), although it has some stylistic touches in common with his work on the Maryborough Court House (1875-1878) and the third Gympie Post Office (1878-1880).

John James Clark

JJ ClarkJ. J. ClarkJ.J. Clark
Much of his work is derivative of FDG Stanley or John James Clark (Colonial Architect 1883-1885), and his best known designs include the classical revival style Northern Supreme Court at Bowen (1880-1881).