Hinton Admiral

Hinton Admiral House

Estate and ancestral home of the Tapps-Gervis-Meyrick family and located in the settlement of Hinton, near Bransgore in Hampshire, England.

- Hinton Admiral
Hinton Admiral House

12 related topics

Relevance

St. Mary's Church, Bransgore

Hinton, Hampshire

Dispersed settlement in the civil parish of Bransgore, in the English county of Hampshire.

Dispersed settlement in the civil parish of Bransgore, in the English county of Hampshire.

St. Mary's Church, Bransgore

Hinton is centred on the main A35 road northeast of Christchurch and gives its name to both Hinton House and Hinton Admiral.

Hinton Admiral House, Christchurch

George Tapps

British landowner and developer involved in the founding of Bournemouth.

British landowner and developer involved in the founding of Bournemouth.

Hinton Admiral House, Christchurch

In so doing he became Lord of the Manors of Hinton Admiral, Christchurch and Westover.

Hinton Admiral House, built by Mews in 1720

Peter Mews of Hinton Admiral

English politician who sat in the House of Commons from 1710 to 1726.

English politician who sat in the House of Commons from 1710 to 1726.

Hinton Admiral House, built by Mews in 1720

He bought the manors of Christchurch and Westover from the Earl of Clarendon in 1708, having previously settled in the area with his purchase of the manor of Hinton Admiral, where he built a mansion in 1720.

This view is from the road bridge. From the bridge south, the road is called Hinton Wood Avenue. To the north of the bridge, it is Station Road.

Hinton Admiral railway station

Station serving the villages of Bransgore and Hinton and the town of Highcliffe on the Hampshire/Dorset border in southern England.

Station serving the villages of Bransgore and Hinton and the town of Highcliffe on the Hampshire/Dorset border in southern England.

This view is from the road bridge. From the bridge south, the road is called Hinton Wood Avenue. To the north of the bridge, it is Station Road.
This building has a plaque on the wall indicating a construction date of 1886. The station has a small car park.

The station was originally named Hinton after the nearby village, but shortly after being opened was renamed Hinton Admiral to share its name with Hinton Admiral House, the residence of Sir George Tapps-Gervis-Meyrick who owned the land on which the station was built.

Danebury Fort – aerial image

Tapps-Gervis-Meyrick baronets

Title in the Baronetage of Great Britain.

Title in the Baronetage of Great Britain.

Danebury Fort – aerial image

The family seats are Hinton Admiral, near Bransgore, Hampshire, and Bodorgan Hall, Anglesey.

East Close Hotel.

East Close House

Building of historical significance and a grade II listed building on the English Heritage Register.

Building of historical significance and a grade II listed building on the English Heritage Register.

East Close Hotel.
Advertisement for the sale of East Close 1834
Map of East Close (1846) showing some of the paths, trees and ponds outlined in the sale advertisement.
Sir George Elliot Tapps-Gervis-Meyrick, 3rd Baronet.
Lady Fanny Tapps-Gervis-Meyrick wife of the 3rd Baronet.
Map of East Close 1872 showing garden walls.

It is therefore probable that the mansion house was built by his father some time between 1720 and 1740, shortly after the construction nearby of Hinton Admiral House.

New Forest

One of the largest remaining tracts of unenclosed pasture land, heathland and forest in Southern England, covering southwest Hampshire and southeast Wiltshire.

One of the largest remaining tracts of unenclosed pasture land, heathland and forest in Southern England, covering southwest Hampshire and southeast Wiltshire.

300px
New Forest pony
Cow eating winter feed, Longdown Inclosure
Alder trees by the Beaulieu river at Fawley Ford, north of Beaulieu
Enclosures at the New Forest Reptile Centre
Shetland pony with foal in New Forest District, Hampshire
Lyndhurst, the "capital" of the New Forest, in 2020
Ponies walking the streets in Burley
Location of the National Park
Picnic area in Bolderwood
The New Forest offers many miles of bicycle paths
The path and view across Acres Down in the New Forest, one of the few places in which it is possible to see a European honey buzzard.
Death of William Rufus
The Rufus Stone Memorial
WW2 remains at Ibsley

Two challenges were made to the designation order, by Meyrick Estate Management Ltd in relation to the inclusion of Hinton Admiral Park, and by RWE NPower Plc in relation to the inclusion of Fawley Power Station.

St Luke's Church, Burton

Church of England parish church in Burton, Dorset, England.

Church of England parish church in Burton, Dorset, England.

A plot of land for the new church was donated by Sir George Tapps-Gervis-Meyrick of Hinton Admiral and the plans drawn up by Messrs. Benjamin Ferrey & Son.

Mõisaküla is a small town in the southern part of Estonia, just next to the border of Latvia. The town's current population is less than 1,000 inhabitants.

List of places in Hampshire

List of settlements in the county of Hampshire, England.

List of settlements in the county of Hampshire, England.

Mõisaküla is a small town in the southern part of Estonia, just next to the border of Latvia. The town's current population is less than 1,000 inhabitants.

Hinton Admiral -

Hinton Admiral, Christchurch

George Tapps-Gervis

British politician and land developer.

British politician and land developer.

Hinton Admiral, Christchurch

He was the only son of Sir George Tapps, 1st Baronet, of Hinton Admiral.