A report on John Street (Manhattan)

John Street Theater
John Street Methodist Church

Street in Lower Manhattan.

- John Street (Manhattan)
John Street Theater

5 related topics with Alpha

Overall

(2013)

Corbin Building

0 links

(2013)
Triple-height arch
Interior staircase
Interior during 2013 restoration
The building during its renovation

The Corbin Building (also known as 13 John Street and 192 Broadway) is a historic office building at the northeast corner of John Street and Broadway in the Financial District of Manhattan in New York City.

John Street Theatre

0 links

Two figures in Roman costume, on stage; eighteenth-century audience in foreground. Scribbling, including date 1791, on wall on each side. Interior of the old John St.
Lewis Hallam Jr, part-owner, manager and star of John Street Theatre

John Street Theatre, situated at 15–21 John Street, sometimes called "The Birthplace of American Theatre", was the first permanent theatre in the Financial District of Manhattan, New York.

(2013)

John Street Methodist Church

0 links

(2013)

The John Street United Methodist Church – also known as Old John Street Methodist Episcopal Church – located at 44 John Street between Nassau and William Streets in the Financial District of Manhattan, New York City was built in 1841 in the Georgian style, with the design attributed to William Hurry and/or Philip Embury.

Print from 1884 commemorating the Battle of Golden Hill

Battle of Golden Hill

0 links

Clash between British soldiers and the Sons of Liberty in the American colonies that occurred on January 19, 1770, in New York City.

Clash between British soldiers and the Sons of Liberty in the American colonies that occurred on January 19, 1770, in New York City.

Print from 1884 commemorating the Battle of Golden Hill
Battle of Golden Hill, by Charles M. Lefferts, circa 1919–1920

As they were being escorted to their barracks, they reached John Street between William Street and Pearl Street.

170–176 John Street

0 links

170–176 John Street is a commercial building erected in 1840 facing Burling Slip (now filled in) on John Street along the East River in the Financial District of Lower Manhattan.