Town in north-eastern Poland, 16 mi northwest of Białystok.- Knyszyn
40 related topics
Polish nobleman, magnate, and the 1st ordynat of Zamość.
Zamoyski was the General Starost of the city of Kraków from 1580 to 1585, Starost of Bełz, Międzyrzecz, Krzeszów, Knyszyn and Tartu.
King of Poland and Grand Duke of Lithuania, the son of Sigismund I the Old, whom Sigismund II succeeded in 1548.
Untreated tuberculosis made him feeble and impotent, but he was able to travel to his private retreat in Knyszyn.
Breed of horse that originated on the Arabian Peninsula.
As a result, many European monarchs began to support large breeding establishments that crossed Arabians on local stock, one example being Knyszyna, the royal stud of Polish king Zygmunt II August, and another the Imperial Russian Stud of Peter the Great.
Urban settlement within the crown lands (królewszczyzna).
Magnate and statesman of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania.
Most of his acquired fortune had been confiscated from Michael Glinski—notably Raigardas, Goniądz and Knyszyn.
Orthodox rabbi and rosh yeshiva of the Mir yeshiva in Brooklyn, New York.
He was born in Knyszyn, Poland and studied at Ohel Torah Yeshiva in Baranowicze, led by Rabbi Elchonon Wasserman.
Village in the administrative district of Gmina Knyszyn, within Mońki County, Podlaskie Voivodeship, in north-eastern Poland.
It lies approximately 9 km east of Knyszyn, 18 km south-east of Mońki, and 26 km north of the regional capital Białystok.
Administrative division in the Russian Empire.
Belostok including the cities of Białystok, Choroszcz, Goniądz, Gródek, Knyszyn, Suraż, Trzcianne and Zabłudów
Part of the Polish Crown Jewels.
When the last of the Jagiellons, Sigismund II Augustus, died in Knyszyn and transport of the Crown Jewels from the treasury in Kraków to Podlaskie was impossible, the Hungarian Crown was used as an exequial crown instead.
Administrative unit (ziemia) of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, Kingdom of Poland and the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth.
Altogether, Bielsk Land was the largest of the three lands of Podlasie Voivodeship - it made its northern half, with such towns, as Bielsk, Bransk, Tykocin, Goniadz, Kleszczele, Bialystok, Knyszyn, Choroszcz, Rajgrod, Narew, Augustowo, Orla, Bocki and Jasionowka.