St Mary's Pro-Cathedral, Dublin
Group picture of nuns from Convent of the Holy Faith Ireland 1915.
Skyline of Central Tallaght
Arena Buildings
Luas tram in Tallaght
Luas stop Tallaght bilingual sign
County Hall, Tallaght
Tallaght Stadium- home of Shamrock Rovers Football Club
Ireland against Luxembourg at the National Basketball Arena.
Rua Red Arts Centre

Irish Roman Catholic nun, philanthropist, and founder of the Sisters of the Holy Faith.

- Margaret Aylward

There are vestigial remains and memory of monasteries that were famous before that time at Finglas, Glasnevin, Glendalough, Kilnamanagh, Rathmichael, Swords, Tallaght, among others.

- Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Dublin

After the Anglo-Norman invasion in 1179, Tallaght and its appurtenances were confirmed to the Diocese of Dublin and became the property of the Archbishop.

- Tallaght

The 1800s saw the great work of the new religious congregations, such as the Sisters of Charity under Mary Aikenhead, Catherine McAuley with her House of Mercy in Baggot Street, and Margaret Aylward with the Holy Faith Sisters, Blessed Edmund Rice from Waterford, with O'Connell Schools in Richmond Street and the School in Hannover Street which later moved to Westland Row.

- Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Dublin
St Mary's Pro-Cathedral, Dublin

0 related topics

Alpha