Walsh Brothers type D flying boat
The entrance to Ōrākei Marae
Mission buildings at Selwyn Reserve
The Michael Joseph Savage Memorial
Trevor Moss Davis Memorial Fountain
View of Rangitoto from Mission Bay
Melanesian Mission House
View of Mission Bay Beach looking west
Mission Bay Fountain

The school flew a fleet of home-built and imported flying boats from Mission Bay on Auckland's Waitemata Harbour, near where a sculpture now stands to commemorate the Walsh brothers.

- New Zealand Flying School

To the east is the suburb of Mission Bay.

- Ōrākei

Mission Bay is located seven kilometres to the east of the city centre, on the southern shore of the Waitematā Harbour, between Ōrākei and Kohimarama.

- Mission Bay, New Zealand

The flying school first began operating from a shed in Ōrākei, taking the first three pupils on 2 October 1915.

- New Zealand Flying School

Ōrākei was the first location where the New Zealand Flying School operated from between October and November 1915, before moving to Mission Bay, and a permanent location at Kohimarama in 1916.

- Ōrākei

Mission Bay, was the second location for the Walsh Brothers New Zealand Flying School after moving from Ōrākei in November 1915.

- Mission Bay, New Zealand

0 related topics with Alpha

Overall