NBC Sports Philadelphia

Comcast SportsNet PhiladelphiaCSN PhiladelphiaCSNNBC Sports Philadelphia PlusNBC Sports Philadelphia+NBCSPHINBCSPHI+Comcast SportsNetPhiladelphiaComcast Sports Philadelphia
NBC Sports Philadelphia is an American regional sports network owned by the NBC Sports Group unit of NBCUniversal, which in turn is owned by locally based cable television provider Comcast (and owns a controlling 75% interest), and the Philadelphia Phillies (which owns the remaining 25%).wikipedia
258 Related Articles

NBC Sports Regional Networks

Comcast SportsNetCSNComcast Sports Net
It is the flagship owned-and-operated outlet of NBC Sports Regional Networks.
The launch of the new network, Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia, effectively shuttered PRISM and SportsChannel Philadelphia when it launched on October 1, 1997, with the network directly replacing the latter on Philadelphia area local cable systems.

Wells Fargo Center (Philadelphia)

Wells Fargo CenterWachovia CenterFirst Union Center
The network maintains main studios and offices located inside the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia's South Philadelphia district; it also operates a small secondary studio inside Citizens Bank Park, which is used sporadically during Major League Baseball season. The network traces its history to March 19, 1996, when Comcast acquired a 66 percent stake in Spectacor, the parent company of the Philadelphia Flyers, The Spectrum and the then-recently completed CoreStates Center, for $240 million and the assumption of a collective $170 million in debt.
In addition, the offices, studios, and production facilities of NBC Sports Philadelphia are all located in the facility.

Regional sports network

RSNregional sports networksregional sports
NBC Sports Philadelphia is an American regional sports network owned by the NBC Sports Group unit of NBCUniversal, which in turn is owned by locally based cable television provider Comcast (and owns a controlling 75% interest), and the Philadelphia Phillies (which owns the remaining 25%).

Starz

Starz Kids & FamilyStarz!Starz Network
After much uncertainty, which included plans for PRISM and SportsChannel to become affiliates of Fox Sports Net (after News Corporation and Liberty Media purchased 40% of the sports assets owned by Rainbow parent Cablevision on June 30, 1997 ), Comcast then reached agreements with Liberty and Rainbow Media to replace PRISM with the Liberty-owned premium movie channel Starz! (which at the time, was starting to expand its carriage outside of systems operated by its then co-owner Tele-Communications, Inc.).
In June 1997, Comcast signed an agreement to carry the network on its Pennsylvania and New Jersey systems to replace Philadelphia-based PRISM after that network shut down that October following the loss of its (and sister network SportsChannel Philadelphia's) sports programming to Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia.

WCAU

WCAU-TVNBC 10NBC Philadelphia
Since 2010, the network has also produced a limited schedule of Phillies regular season games for NBC owned-and-operated sister station WCAU (channel 10).
The station is owned by the NBC Owned Television Stations subsidiary of NBCUniversal, as part of a duopoly with Mount Laurel, New Jersey-licensed Telemundo owned-and-operated station WWSI (channel 62); NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of locally based media firm Comcast, owns both networks, along with regional sports network NBC Sports Philadelphia.

Phillies Post Game Live

In addition to live game telecasts, the network carries pre-game and pre-game shows under the Pre Game Live and Post Game Live banners that bookend 76ers (Sixers Pre Game Live and Sixers Post Game Live), Phillies (Phillies Pre Game Live and Phillies Post Game Live), Flyers (Flyers Pre Game Live and Flyers Post Game Live), and Union (Union Pre Game Live and Union Post Game Live) telecasts.
Phillies Post Game Live is an American television program that airs after each Philadelphia Phillies game on Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia (CSN-P).

Sixers Post Game Live

In addition to live game telecasts, the network carries pre-game and pre-game shows under the Pre Game Live and Post Game Live banners that bookend 76ers (Sixers Pre Game Live and Sixers Post Game Live), Phillies (Phillies Pre Game Live and Phillies Post Game Live), Flyers (Flyers Pre Game Live and Flyers Post Game Live), and Union (Union Pre Game Live and Union Post Game Live) telecasts.
Sixers Post Game Live airs after each Philadelphia 76ers game on NBC Sports Philadelphia.

AMC Networks

Rainbow MediaAMCAMC Studios
Immediately after the purchase was announced, speculation arose as to whether Comcast would let at least some of Spectacor's television contracts with premium cable network PRISM and existing regional sports network SportsChannel Philadelphia (both owned by Rainbow Media) run out, and create a sports network of its own, displacing both existing networks from Comcast and other cable providers in Southeastern Pennsylvania (Comcast, however, had reached a ten-year agreement with Rainbow to continue carriage of PRISM and SportsChannel, as well as the company's other networks in the fall of 1995); buy the existing networks; or reach a complex deal with Rainbow to have both networks retain the broadcast rights to the 76ers and Flyers.
Rainbow assumed full control of PRISM in 1987, and continued to operate it and SportsChannel Philadelphia until 1997, when both channels were shut down to make way for the first Comcast SportsNet.

Eagles Postgame Live

Eagles Post Game Live
Although it does not hold the regional rights to the NFL games involving the Philadelphia Eagles, the network also produces pre-game and post-game shows on each game day (Eagles Pre Game Live and Eagles Post Game Live).
Eagles Postgame Live airs after each Philadelphia Eagles game on NBC Sports Philadelphia.

Flyers Postgame Live

Flyers Post Game Live
In addition to live game telecasts, the network carries pre-game and pre-game shows under the Pre Game Live and Post Game Live banners that bookend 76ers (Sixers Pre Game Live and Sixers Post Game Live), Phillies (Phillies Pre Game Live and Phillies Post Game Live), Flyers (Flyers Pre Game Live and Flyers Post Game Live), and Union (Union Pre Game Live and Union Post Game Live) telecasts.
Flyers Postgame Live is a television post-game show for Philadelphia Flyers ice hockey games that air locally on NBC Sports Philadelphia (NBCSP) and The Comcast Network (TCN).

Michael Barkann

Michael Barkann (born April 30, 1960, Jersey City, New Jersey, United States) is an American sports host, anchor and reporter for NBC Sports Philadelphia.

Golf Shots

Golf Shots is a 30-minute news-magazine style golf program on Comcast Sportsnet Philadelphia.

Ron Burke (sportscaster)

Ron Burke
Ronald A. "Ron" Burke (born September 27, 1963) is an American News/Sports anchor/reporter and television personality for NBA TV, NBC Sports Philadelphia, and WPBF-TV.

Philadelphia Phillies

PhilliesPhiladelphiaPHI
NBC Sports Philadelphia is an American regional sports network owned by the NBC Sports Group unit of NBCUniversal, which in turn is owned by locally based cable television provider Comcast (and owns a controlling 75% interest), and the Philadelphia Phillies (which owns the remaining 25%).
Meanwhile, NBCUniversal (a unit of Philadelphia-based Comcast) handles local television broadcasts through its properties NBC Sports Philadelphia and WCAU (NBC Channel 10).

Fox Sports Networks

Fox Sports NetFSNFox Sports Network
After much uncertainty, which included plans for PRISM and SportsChannel to become affiliates of Fox Sports Net (after News Corporation and Liberty Media purchased 40% of the sports assets owned by Rainbow parent Cablevision on June 30, 1997 ), Comcast then reached agreements with Liberty and Rainbow Media to replace PRISM with the Liberty-owned premium movie channel Starz! (which at the time, was starting to expand its carriage outside of systems operated by its then co-owner Tele-Communications, Inc.).
From its inception in 1997 until July 31, 2012, Comcast maintained an agreement to carry select programming sourced from Fox Sports Net on its six Comcast SportsNet regional networks: Comcast SportsNet Bay Area, Comcast SportsNet California, Comcast SportsNet Chicago, Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic, Comcast SportsNet New England and Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia.

SportsChannel Philadelphia

Philadelphia
Immediately after the purchase was announced, speculation arose as to whether Comcast would let at least some of Spectacor's television contracts with premium cable network PRISM and existing regional sports network SportsChannel Philadelphia (both owned by Rainbow Media) run out, and create a sports network of its own, displacing both existing networks from Comcast and other cable providers in Southeastern Pennsylvania (Comcast, however, had reached a ten-year agreement with Rainbow to continue carriage of PRISM and SportsChannel, as well as the company's other networks in the fall of 1995); buy the existing networks; or reach a complex deal with Rainbow to have both networks retain the broadcast rights to the 76ers and Flyers.
Comcast then reached agreements with Liberty Media and Rainbow Media to replace SportsChannel Philadelphia with the new Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia, and PRISM with the Liberty-owned premium movie channel Starz!.

Phillies Clubhouse

During the Philadelphia Phillies season, Phillies Clubhouse airs Mondays from 7:00PM to 7:30PM on NBC Sports Philadelphia (CSN-P).

Philadelphia Flyers

PhiladelphiaPHIFlyers
The network traces its history to March 19, 1996, when Comcast acquired a 66 percent stake in Spectacor, the parent company of the Philadelphia Flyers, The Spectrum and the then-recently completed CoreStates Center, for $240 million and the assumption of a collective $170 million in debt.

Matt Yallof

Before that, he worked at Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia, where he won four regional Emmy awards.

MLB Extra Innings

Phillies games were previously unavailable through MLB Extra Innings on major satellite providers.
Even though the package relies on satellite uplink paths, DirecTV also carries feeds from local broadcast and even cable-only networks as well, such as NBC Sports Philadelphia for the Philadelphia Phillies.

Gregg Murphy

Murphy appeared for the first time on NBC Sports Philadelphia on December 28, 2008 and hosted his first edition of Daily News Live on December 30.

Jillian Mele

In 2014, she accepted a position with NBC Sports Philadelphia where she co-hosted a morning sports talk show called Breakfast on Broad where she earned another Emmy and a Philadelphia Eagles post-game program called Endgame.

Scott Hanson

Scott then did a two-year stint in 2000 with Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia, where he served as an anchor on SportsNite as well as intermission reporter for the Philadelphia Flyers.

Ben Davis (baseball)

Ben Davis
Soon after his retirement, Davis began working for NBC Sports Philadelphia (formerly Comcast Sports Network/CSN), where he began work as an analyst for the Phillies Focus show, as well as Phillies Post Game Live.

East Brunswick, New Jersey

East BrunswickEast Brunswick TownshipEast Brunswick Township, New Jersey
In 1998, Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia almost became available in Comcast's New York City service area on systems in southern Middlesex County (in the municipalities of Plainsboro, South Brunswick, Monroe, Cranbury, Jamesburg, Helmetta, Spotswood and East Brunswick), as a replacement for PRISM.