National Library of Russia
First national public library in Russia.- National Library of Russia
209 related topics
Second-largest city in Russia.
It is also a seat for the National Library of Russia and a planned location for the Supreme Court of Russia, as well as the home to the headquarters of the Russian Navy, and the Western Military District of the Russian Armed Forces.
Oldest complete manuscript of the Hebrew Bible in Hebrew, using the Masoretic Text and Tiberian vocalization.
The Leningrad Codex (a codex is a handwritten book bound at one side, as opposed to a scroll) is so named because it has been housed at the National Library of Russia in Saint Petersburg since 1863 (before 1917 named Imperial Public Library).
Old East Slavic chronicle (letopis) of Kievan Rus' from about 850 to 1110, originally compiled in Kiev around 1113.
The manuscript was acquired by the famous Count Musin-Pushkin in 1792 and subsequently presented to the National Library of Russia in Saint Petersburg.
Svod (compendium) of three letopis chronicles: the Primary Chronicle, Kievan Chronicle and Galician-Volhynian Chronicle.
Since 1810, the codex has been preserved in the Russian National Library, St Petersburg.
Russia's best-known fabulist and probably the most epigrammatic of all Russian authors.
From 1812 to 1841 he was employed by the Imperial Public Library, first as an assistant, and then as head of the Russian Books Department, a not very demanding position that left him plenty of time to write.
Public library nationalized and renamed upon its founders' death into the Załuski Library of the Republic (Biblioteka Rzeczypospolitej Załuskich) which existed until the final demise of Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth in the Third Partition of Poland in 1795.
After the Kościuszko Uprising (1794), Russian troops, acting on orders from Czarina Catherine II, seized the library's holdings and transported them to her personal collection at Saint Petersburg, where a year later it formed the cornerstone of the newly founded Imperial Public Library.
Italian architect who worked in Imperial Russia.
These include: the Yelagin Palace with the hothouse and the pavilions (1816-1818), the Mikhailovsky Palace, General Staff Building, the buildings of the Senate and Synod (1829-1833), the façade of the Russian National Library that faces Alexandrinskaya Square, the pavilions of Anichkov Palace, the arch of the General Staff Building, the Alexandrine Theatre and the buildings of the Board of Theaters and Ministry of Internal Affairs.
Legal requirement that a person or group submit copies of their publications to a repository, usually a library.
In Russia the Russian State Library (Moscow), the National Library of Russia (St Petersburg), the Library of the Russian Academy of Sciences (St Petersburg), as well as the libraries of the Moscow State University, the President of the Russian Federation, and the two Houses of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation are entitled to a copy of every book published.
Main street in the federal city of St. Petersburg in Russia.
At the corner with Sadovaya Street in 1801 according to the project of the architect E. T. Sokolov built the first building library with a smoothly rounded facade with a colonnade.
Order of the Soviet Union established to honour great deeds and services to the Soviet state and society in the fields of production, science, culture, literature, the arts, education, health, social and other spheres of labour activities.
National Library of Russia