Arethusa Venture Centre, with figure-head, Lower Upnor.
Three-masted barque (US Revenue Cutter Salmon P. Chase, 1878–1907)
The Older London Stone standing in front of the fence of the Arethusa Venture Centre.
A Thames Barge sails past the depot: Upnor Castle (left), 'B' Magazine (centre), No. 5 Shell Store (right).
RE assault boat training at Upper Upnor
Former 'B' Magazine (1857) undergoing refurbishment.
Former Dry Guncotton Store (right, 1895)
Left to right: former No 3 Shell Store (1883), Mine Testing Room (1905) and Wet Guncotton Store (1895)
Left to right: Main entrance, former Filled Mine Store (1904), former Filled Shell Store (1904)

In July 1933, she was moved to a new permanent mooring off Upnor on the River Medway, where she served as a children's home and training school.

- Peking (ship)

The last but one Arethusa was the Peking, one of the R.F Laeisz's Flying P-Liner four-masted barques, built in 1911, and acquired after 1918 as war reparations.

- Upnor
Arethusa Venture Centre, with figure-head, Lower Upnor.

1 related topic

Alpha

The Arethusa Venture Centre at Lower Upnor

Shaftesbury Homes and Arethusa

One of the United Kingdom's oldest children's charities.

One of the United Kingdom's oldest children's charities.

The Arethusa Venture Centre at Lower Upnor
The figurehead of Arethusa at the Shaftesbury Young People centre on the River Medway
Arethusa Memorial, Lower Upnor

The move to Upnor occurred in 1933, when the Arethusa was broken up and replaced with a steel-hulled nitrates clipper, the Peking.