Podlaskie Voivodeship

The Białowieża Forest is a UNESCO World Heritage Site
Map of the Podlaskie Voivodeship
St. Michael Church in Łomża
Branicki Palace in Białystok
Church of Our Lady of Mount Carmel in Bielsk Podlaski
Co-cathedral of St. Alexander in Suwałki
Lubomirski Palace in Białystok
Buchholtz Palace in Supraśl
Town hall in Łomża
A typical Podlaskie landscape near the village of Bohoniki

Voivodeship (province) in northeastern Poland.

- Podlaskie Voivodeship

500 related topics

Relevance

Masovian Voivodeship

Largest and most populous of the 16 Polish provinces, or voivodeships.

Population density by gmina (at 2007-01-01)
A moose in the Kampinos National Park (a UNESCO-designated biosphere reserve)
Koleje Mazowieckie (Masovian Railways)
Płock Cathedral, burial site of Polish monarchs
Warsaw Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
Liw Castle
Saint Catherine of Alexandria church in Radom
Palace in Otwock Wielki
Szydłowiec Town Hall
Wilanów Palace in Warsaw
Łyszkiewicz Apartment in Warsaw, birthplace of Marie Curie, presently a museum of the Nobel Prize winner
Birthplace of Frédéric Chopin in Żelazowa Wola, presently a museum of the composer
Modlin Fortress

However, southern part of the voivodeship, with Radom, historically belongs to Lesser Poland, while Łomża and its surroundings, even though historically part of Mazovia, now is part of Podlaskie Voivodeship.

Lublin Voivodeship

Voivodeship, or region, located in southeastern Poland.

Historic centre of Lublin
Basilica of the Birth of the Virgin Mary in Chełm
The Zamość Old Town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site
Radziwiłł Castle Complex in Biała Podlaska
Czartoryski Palace in Puławy
The Potocki Family Palace in Międzyrzec Podlaski
The town of Kazimierz Dolny is Poland's official national Historic Monument
Łukie Lake in the Polesie National Park
Echo artificial lake in the Roztocze National Park
Map of the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth
Lublin Voivodeship 1975–1998

Lublin Voivodeship borders Subcarpathian Voivodeship to the south, Świętokrzyskie Voivodeship to the south-west, Masovian Voivodeship to the west and north, Podlaskie Voivodeship along a short boundary to the north, Belarus (Brest Region) and Ukraine (Lviv Oblast and Volyn Oblasts) to the east.

Białystok

From top, left to right: Historic city center with Cathedral in the background · Branicki Park · Kościuszko (Market) Square with old town hall · Lubomirski Palace · Branicki Palace
Branicki Palace, also known as the "Polish Versailles".
Garden of the Branicki Palace in the 18th century
One of the former textile factories, now a shopping mall
Monument to soldiers of the 1st Legions Infantry Regiment who died in the Battle of Białystok in 1920, Antoniuk district
Józef Piłsudski's visit to Białystok in 1921
Białystok in the interbellum
Biała River near Białystok
Knyszyn Forest Landscape Park
One of the remaining tenements in Centrum, the central district of Białystok
A public square dedicated to Constantine the Great
Podlaskie Voivodeship Office
Regional Court in Białystok
Military Drafting Office located in the historical Nowik Palace
High-rise building in the city center
Silos of Podlaskie Zakłady Zbożowe (Podlaskie Cereal Industrial Plants)
The bison grass vodka called "Żubrówka" is made in Białystok at the Polmos Factory
Historical Museum
Planty park
A tenement on Sienkiewicz Street, one of the main boulevards in the city
Offices of Kurier Poranny
Białystok railway station
Solaris Urbino 18 W29 bus operated by BKM in Białystok
Library of Białystok, Książnica Podlaska
L. L. Zamenhof, the creator of Esperanto
Kościuszko Square with the Town Hall
Church of St. Roch
St. Adalbert Church
Lubomirski Palace
Former Masonic Lodge
Hasbach Palace
Old Parish Church
Basilica of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Church of the Resurrection
All Saints' Church
Orthodox Church of the Holy Spirit
Eastern Orthodox Church of St. Nicholas in Lipowa Street

Białystok is the largest city in northeastern Poland and the capital of the Podlaskie Voivodeship.

Białowieża Forest

Forest on the border between Belarus and Poland.

Approximate range of the Białowieża Primeval Forest in Poland and Belarus.
Map of the forest's location between the rivers Naruva and Bugas
Belovezhskaya Pushcha coat of arms on Pre-Stamped Envelope of the Belarus, 2009: 600th Anniversary of Belovezhskaya Pushcha reserve status
Part of primaeval forest with dead 450-year-old oak in Białowieża National Park, Poland
Bison in Białowieża Forest
Royal Oaks Trail, Białowieża Forest
Stephanopachys linearis specimen collected in Białowieża Forest in 2015.
The King of Nieznanowo oak
Emperor of the South oak
Patriarch Oak, one of the oldest oaks in the Belovezhskaya Pushcha National Park
In 2009, the Ecological Education Centre was built in the Belovezhskaya Pushcha National Park.
Białowieża National Park Visitor Centre

It straddles the border between Poland (Podlaskie Voivodeship) and Belarus (Brest and Grodno voblasts), and is 70 km north of Brest, Belarus and 62 km southeast of Białystok, Poland.

Podlachia

Historical region in the north-eastern part of Poland.

Historic Podlachian borders in green
The Podlaskie Voivodeship in the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth in 1635.
A fragment of the ethnographic map by Aleksandr Rittikh with ethnic composition of Podlachia, 1875
Drohiczyn and Bug river.
Orthodox sanctuary in Grabarka.
Branicki Palace in Białystok, the largest city of proper Podlachia
The former royal city of Augustów is the northernmost city of Podlachia and a popular summer tourist destination
Baroque town hall in Bielsk Podlaski, a former royal city of Poland and capital of Bielsk Land
Hajnówka is notable for its proximity to the Białowieża Forest, the biggest primaeval forest in Europe
Sanctuary in Sokołów Podlaski
Congregation of the Mission Monastery in Siemiatycze
Tykocin Synagogue. Tykocin is one of the best preserved shtetls in Poland. The main synagogue dates back to the 17th century.

Now the part north of the Bug River is included in the modern Podlaskie Voivodeship with the capital in Białystok.

Belarusians

East Slavic ethnic group native to modern-day Belarus and the immediate region.

Some Belarusians in Rudna in 1960
300px
Linguistic, ethnographic, and political map of Eastern Europe by Casimir Delamarre, 1868

Belarusian minority populations live in countries neighboring Belarus: Ukraine, Poland (especially in the Podlaskie Voivodeship), the Russian Federation and Lithuania.

Grodno Region

One of the regions of Belarus.

JSC Grodno Azot, the largest industrial company in the region
Belarusian nuclear power plant (under construction)
Belarusians in the region{{legend|#b00|>90%}}{{legend|#f44|80–90%}}{{legend|#f88|70–80%}}{{legend|orange|60–70%}}{{legend|#fd9|50–60%}}{{legend|#ff9|40–50%}}{{legend|white|<40%}}
Poles in the region{{legend|Black|>50%}}{{legend|Indigo|30–50%}}{{legend|DarkMagenta|20–30%}}{{legend|MediumOrchid|10–20%}}{{legend|Plum|5–10%}}{{legend|Thistle|2–5%}}{{legend|White|<2%}}
Russians in the region{{legend|#009|>10%}}{{legend|#33f|8–10%}}{{legend|#66f|5–8%}}{{legend|#aaf|<5%}}

It borders Minsk Region to the east, Brest Region to the south, Poland (Podlaskie Voivodeship) to the west and Vitebsk Region and Lithuania (Alytus and Vilnius counties) to the north.

Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship

Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship or Warmia-Masuria Province or Warmia-Mazury Province (in Województwo warmińsko-mazurskie, is a voivodeship (province) in northeastern Poland.

Battle of Grunwald, painting by Jan Matejko (1878)
Elbląg was one of the main port cities of the Kingdom of Poland and one of the largest and most influential cities in the entire Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth.
The Lidzbark Warmiński Castle is considered to be a great artistic and historical value in the world
Olsztyn is the capital of the Voivodeship and the largest city of Warmia
The former royal city of Elbląg is the largest city in the western part of the Voivodeship
Ełk is the largest city of Masuria
Ostróda is the largest city in the western part of Masuria
Mikołajki with its well-known marina
Warmian-Masurian Provincial Assembly building in Olsztyn
Seksty Lake in the Masurian Landscape Park
Olsztyn Castle
Brick Gothic fortified cathedral in Frombork, burial place of astronomer Nicolaus Copernicus
St. James' Cathedral in Olsztyn
Reszel historic city center
Sanctuary of Saint Mary in Święta Lipka
Palace in Smolajny, former summer residence of Ignacy Krasicki
Elbląg Canal
Birthplace of composer Feliks Nowowiejski in Barczewo
Łuczański Canal and the swing bridge in Giżycko
Grunwald battlefield

The province borders the Podlaskie Voivodeship to the east, the Masovian Voivodeship to the south, the Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship to the south-west, the Pomeranian Voivodeship to the west, the Vistula Lagoon to the northwest, and the Kaliningrad Oblast (an exclave of Russia) to the north.

Brest Region

One of the regions of Belarus.

Belarusians in the region{{legend|#900|>95%}}{{legend|red|90—95%}}{{legend|#f77|85—90%}}{{legend|#fb8|<85%}}
Russians in the region{{legend|#009|>10%}}{{legend|#33f|8–10%}}{{legend|#66f|5–8%}}{{legend|#aaf|2–5%}}{{legend|#ddf|<2%}}
Ukrainians in the region{{legend|#050|>6%}}{{legend|#080|4–6%}}{{legend|#2b2|2–4%}}{{legend|lightgreen|1–2%}}{{legend|LightCyan|<1%}}
Poles in the region{{legend|Indigo|>5%}}{{legend|DarkMagenta|2–5%}}{{legend|MediumOrchid|1–2%}}{{legend|Plum|0.5–1%}}{{legend|Thistle|<0.5%}}
Birth rates by districts and major cities (2017)
Mortality rates by districts and major cities (2017)
Brest Fortress.
Palace in Kosava.
Tadeusz Kościuszko birthplace in Mieračoŭščyna.
The Kamianiec Tower.
The Jesuit Collegium in Pinsk.

It is located in the southwestern part of Belarus, bordering the Podlasie and Lublin voivodeships of Poland on the west, the Volyn Oblast and Rivne Oblast of Ukraine on the south, the Grodno Region and Minsk Region on the north, and Gomel Region on the east.

Łomża

City in north-eastern Poland, approximately 150 kilometers to the north-east of Warsaw and 80 km west of Białystok.

Cathedral of Saint Michael the Archangel
Stary Rynek (Old Market Square) in 1912
World War I interment camp for Poles
Memorial to Poles from Łomża murdered in the Katyn massacre
Monument to local fallen and murdered soldiers of the Home Army
Great Synagogue of Łomża before destruction by the German Nazis in 1941
Browar Łomża (Brewery)
ŁKS Łomża Stadium
Monument to Hanka Bielicka
Main nave of the Cathedral of Saint Michael the Archangel
Renaissance tombstone from 1589 in the cathedral
Capuchin parish church (18th century)
Holy Trinity church (19th century)
Episcopal Palace
College of Computer Science and Business Administration in Łomża.
I Liceum Ogólnokształcące, named after Tadeusz Kościuszko (High School No. 1)
II Liceum Ogólnokształcące, named after Maria Konopnicka (High School No. 2)
A building of a seminary school in Łomża
WSA Students group in the front of the main building
Tenement houses at the Stary Rynek (Old Market Square)
Łomża Town Hall (Ratusz)
Main Post Office
Former State Bank (Bank Państwa) building
Church of the Assumption of Virgin Mary
Regional Court in Łomża
Monument to Witold Pilecki
Śledziewski House (Kamienica Śledziewskich)
Jakub Waga Park
Former Holy Spirit Hospital
Monument to Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński
Farna Street
North-Masovian Museum (Muzeum Północno-Mazowieckie)
Monument to Stach Konwa
Śmiarowski cemetery chapel (19th century)

It is situated alongside the Narew river as part of the Podlaskie Voivodeship since 1999.