Toronto and Mimico Electric Railway and Light Company

Mimico radial lineMimico linePort Credit radial linestreetcarstreetcar lines
The Toronto and Mimico Electric Railway and Light Company was incorporated in 1890, and operated the Mimico radial line in the Toronto area.wikipedia
38 Related Articles

Toronto and York Radial Railway

Hydro Electric Railways, Toronto and York Divisionintercity "radial" streetcar serviceToronto and Mimico Electric Railway and Light Company
In 1904, the railway was acquired by the Toronto and York Radial Railway (T&YRR) and became the T&YRR Mimico Division.
On 16 July 16, 1892, the Toronto and Mimico Electric Railway and Light Company (incorporated November 14, 1890) began initial service between Sunnyside (Toronto) and the Humber River.

Long Branch Loop

Long Branch
The portion between Humber Loop and Long Branch Loop was double-tracked and became part of the Lake Shore streetcar route coming from downtown.
The Toronto and Mimico Electric Railway and Light Company operated radial railway service along Lake Shore Boulevard originally as a single track line, with sidings to allow vehicles going in opposite directions to pass one another.

Humber Loop

Humber
On May 9, 1928, the Beach streetcar route was extended west to Humber Loop evenings, Saturday afternoons and Sundays, overlapping Mimico radial service.
At the first Humber Loop, riders could transfer to the Mimico radial line to continue westward to Long Branch and Port Credit.

North Yonge Railways

409–416
In 1924–1925, the Ottawa Car Company built 19 double-ended, standard-gauge cars for the Hydro-Electric Railways Numbering the cars 401–419, Hydro assigned 11 cars (401–408 & 417–419) to the Sandwich, Windsor and Amherstburg Railway in the Windsor area and the remaining 8 cars (409–416) to the Toronto and York Mimico radial line to Port Credit.

Roncesvalles Carhouse

Roncesvalles
In 1927, the TTC took over operation of the Port Credit radial line which at that time ran west from Humber Loop.

Interurban

interurban streetcarinterurban railwayinterurban railroad
The Toronto and Mimico Electric Railway and Light Company was incorporated in 1890, and operated the Mimico radial line in the Toronto area.

Toronto

Toronto, OntarioToronto, CanadaToronto, ON
The Toronto and Mimico Electric Railway and Light Company was incorporated in 1890, and operated the Mimico radial line in the Toronto area.

Port Credit

Port Credit, OntarioMississaugaTown of Port Credit
The line started operation in 1892 as a short suburban line that later was extended to Port Credit. On December 24, 1905, the Mimico line was extended from Long Branch to Port Credit at Hurontario Street, and a year later to Stavebank Road, about 175 m east of the Credit River.

Ontario Hydro

Hydro-Electric Power Commission of OntarioHydro Electric Power Commission of OntarioHydro-Electric Power Commission
In 1922, the City of Toronto acquired the T&YRR and contracted Ontario Hydro to manage the four T&YRR lines including the Mimico line. The plan was that the city portions of the T&YRR radial lines would be incorporated into the TTC, and the portions outside the city would be managed by Ontario Hydro as the Hydro-Electric Railways: Toronto and York Division.

Sunnyside, Toronto

SunnysideSunnyside BeachBudapest Park
On 16 July 16, 1892, the Toronto and Mimico Electric Railway and Light Company (incorporated November 14, 1890) began initial service between Sunnyside and the Humber River.

Humber River (Ontario)

Humber RiverHumberEast Humber River
On 16 July 16, 1892, the Toronto and Mimico Electric Railway and Light Company (incorporated November 14, 1890) began initial service between Sunnyside and the Humber River.

Toronto Railway Company

Toronto Railway
On July 5, 1893, the Toronto Railway Company acquired controlling interest in the Toronto and Mimico Electric Railway and Light Company, after the latter became insolvent due to a decline in ridership during winter as the line had no closed cars.

Mimico Creek

On July 10, 1893, the Toronto and Mimico Electric Railway and Light Company extended service from Humber River to Mimico Creek, and further to Etobicoke Creek (Long Branch) on September 29, 1893.

Etobicoke Creek

Etobicoke RiverEtobicoke Creek TrailRenforth Creek
On July 10, 1893, the Toronto and Mimico Electric Railway and Light Company extended service from Humber River to Mimico Creek, and further to Etobicoke Creek (Long Branch) on September 29, 1893.

Long Branch, Toronto

Long BranchLong Branch, OntarioLong Branch Avenue
On July 10, 1893, the Toronto and Mimico Electric Railway and Light Company extended service from Humber River to Mimico Creek, and further to Etobicoke Creek (Long Branch) on September 29, 1893.

Lake Shore Boulevard

Lake Shore Boulevard WestLake Shore Boulevard EastLake Shore Blvd. West
The line ran on the north side of Lake Shore Boulevard with passing sidings at Park Lawn Road, Allen Avenue and Royal York Road.

Royal York Road

The line ran on the north side of Lake Shore Boulevard with passing sidings at Park Lawn Road, Allen Avenue and Royal York Road.

Hurontario Street

Main StreetHurontarioMain St. S.
On December 24, 1905, the Mimico line was extended from Long Branch to Port Credit at Hurontario Street, and a year later to Stavebank Road, about 175 m east of the Credit River.

Credit River

CreditCredit River Valley
On December 24, 1905, the Mimico line was extended from Long Branch to Port Credit at Hurontario Street, and a year later to Stavebank Road, about 175 m east of the Credit River.

Yonge Street

YongeYonge St.Simcoe County Road 4
A trip from Port Credit to Yonge Street would take 2 hours and cost 18 cents.

Hydro-Electric Railways

The plan was that the city portions of the T&YRR radial lines would be incorporated into the TTC, and the portions outside the city would be managed by Ontario Hydro as the Hydro-Electric Railways: Toronto and York Division.

Standard-gauge railway

standard gaugestandard-gaugestandard
After 1922, Hydro changed the gauge of the Mimico line between Humber (the line's new eastern terminal) and Port Credit from Toronto gauge to standard gauge.

Toronto Transportation Commission

On January 12, 1927, the Toronto Transportation Commission started operating the T&YRR lines under contract.

Roncesvalles Avenue

On November 21, 1927, the TTC extended the Mimico route eastwards to Roncesvalles Avenue.

World War II

Second World WarwarWWII
In October 1942, during World War II, a temporary double-track streetcar extension went into service from Long Branch Loop west to an armaments factory.