Westmill

Westmill is an English village and civil parish in the East Hertfordshire district of Hertfordshire, with an area of 1036 hectares.wikipedia
38 Related Articles

River Rib

RibRib Valley
It lies just to the south of Buntingford, beside the River Rib.
The River Rib originates near the East Hertfordshire village of Therfield and runs parallel with the A10 through Wyddial, Buntingford, Westmill, Braughing, Puckeridge and Standon, before dividing the villages of Thundridge and Wadesmill and continuing until it reaches its confluence with the River Lea near Hertford.

Button Snap

One, a thatched cottage named Button Snap at Westmill Green, was owned by the writer Charles Lamb from 1812 to 1815.
It is on a rural gravel road west of the village of Westmill.

Emily Pepys

Emily was born on 9 August 1833 at Westmill, Hertfordshire, where her father was rector at that time.

Henry Pepys

Bishop Pepys
On 3 February 1826 he was appointed a prebendary of Wells, and on 31 March 1827 rector of Westmill, Hertfordshire.

The Hundred Parishes

The Hundred Parishes - a grouping of parishes in NW Essex, NE Herts and southern Cambridgeshire
The Hundred Parishes
Albury, Anstey, Arkesden, Ashdon, Aspenden, Aythorpe Roding, Bardfield Saling, Barkway, Barley, Barnston, Bartlow, Berden, Birchanger, Braughing, Brent Pelham & Meesden, Broxted, Buntingford, Castle Camps, Chickney, Chrishall, Clavering, Debden, Duxford, Eastwick & Gilston, Elmdon & Wenden Lofts, Elsenham, Farnham, Felsted, Finchingfield, Flitch Green, Furneux Pelham, Great & Little Chishill, Great Amwell, Great Bardfield, Great Canfield, Great Chesterford, Great Dunmow, Great Easton & Tilty, Great Hallingbury, Great Saling, Great Waltham, Hadstock, Hatfield Broad Oak, Hatfield Heath, Helions Bumpstead, Hempstead, Henham, Heydon, High Easter, High Roding, High Wych, Hildersham, Hinxton, Hormead, Hunsdon, Ickleton, Langley, Leaden Roding, Lindsell, Linton, Little Bardfield, Little Canfield, Little Chesterford, Little Dunmow, Little Easton, Little Hadham, Little Hallingbury, Littlebury, Manuden, Matching, Much Hadham, Newport, Nuthampstead, Pleshey, Quendon & Rickling, Radwinter, Saffron Walden, The Sampfords, Sawbridgeworth, Sewards End, Shalford, Sheering, Standon, Stanstead Abbotts, Stansted Mountfitchet, Stebbing, Steeple Bumpstead, Stocking Pelham, Strethall, Takeley, Thaxted, Thorley, Thundridge, Tilty, Ugley, Wareside, Wendens Ambo, Westmill, Wethersfield, White Roding, Wicken Bonhunt, Widdington, Widford, Wimbish, Wyddial.

Civil parish

parishcivil parishesancient parish
Westmill is an English village and civil parish in the East Hertfordshire district of Hertfordshire, with an area of 1036 hectares.

East Hertfordshire

District of East HertfordshireEast Hertfordshire District
Westmill is an English village and civil parish in the East Hertfordshire district of Hertfordshire, with an area of 1036 hectares.

Hertfordshire

Hertfordshire, EnglandCounty of HertfordHerts
Westmill is an English village and civil parish in the East Hertfordshire district of Hertfordshire, with an area of 1036 hectares.

Buntingford

Buntingford, HertfordshireEdwinstree
It lies just to the south of Buntingford, beside the River Rib.

Prime meridian

GreenwichGreenwich meridianGreenwich Prime Zero meridian
The Prime Meridian passes to the east of Westmill, as does the Roman road Ermine Street, which ran from London to Lincoln and York.

Ermine Street

Old North RoadStoke Newington High Streetoriginally Roman A10
The Prime Meridian passes to the east of Westmill, as does the Roman road Ermine Street, which ran from London to Lincoln and York.

Great Eastern Railway

GERGreat EasternGreat Eastern Line
West Mill railway station on the Great Eastern Railway's Buntingford Branch Line from St Margarets to Buntingford opened on 3 July 1863.

Buntingford branch line

Ware, Hadham and Buntingford RailwayBuntingford Branch RailwaySt Margaret's - Buntingford branch
West Mill railway station on the Great Eastern Railway's Buntingford Branch Line from St Margarets to Buntingford opened on 3 July 1863.

St Margarets railway station (Hertfordshire)

St MargaretsSt Margarets stationSt Margarets (Hertfordshire)
West Mill railway station on the Great Eastern Railway's Buntingford Branch Line from St Margarets to Buntingford opened on 3 July 1863.

Buntingford railway station

Buntingford
West Mill railway station on the Great Eastern Railway's Buntingford Branch Line from St Margarets to Buntingford opened on 3 July 1863.

Anglo-Saxon architecture

SaxonAnglo-SaxonSaxon-era
The large medieval parish church, dedicated to St Mary the Virgin and restored in the 19th century, shows signs of a Saxon origin.

Charles Lamb

CharlesLambCharles and Mary Lamb
One, a thatched cottage named Button Snap at Westmill Green, was owned by the writer Charles Lamb from 1812 to 1815.

Aspenden

Aspenden Hall, Hertfordshire
The church is part of a joint benefice of Aspenden and Buntingford.

List of United Kingdom locations: West M-Wey

locationLocation names beginning with West M–Weynear Burton upon Trent